SBSRI offers Information Sessions each Fall and Spring semester to acquaint SBS faculty and students with SBSRI funding, research policies and procedures, and external funding opportunities. Additionally, we occasionally offer review sessions for popular opportunities like National Science Foundation opportunities. We also offer presentations and workshops to individual units, targeted to specific aims and goals. Please reach out if your unit is interested in an SBSRI unit session.
Our current list of Information Sessions is below, and we always post news about our upcoming events on the homepage of our website. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Sessions 2023-2024
The following are college-wide presentations that will be offered during Fall 2023 and Spring 2024. All sessions are from 12:00-1:00 PM unless otherwise noted.
- 09/08/23 – Orientation to SBSRI Funding Opportunities & Services – RSVP and Zoom Information
- 10/06/23 – NSF Doctoral Dissertation Research Improvement Grants – RSVP and Zoom Information
- 11/03/23 – Graduate Students: Identifying Funding for Your Research – RSVP and Zoom Information
- 01/19/24 – Orientation to SBSRI Funding Opportunities & Services – RSVP and Zoom Information
- 02/09/24 – Fulbright Awards for Faculty – RSVP and Zoom Information
- 03/15/24 – Fulbright Awards for Students – RSVP and Zoom Information
- 04/05/24 – Foundation Funding 101 for Faculty – RSVP and Zoom Information
Schedule a Presentation or Workshop
SBSRI staff are also available to present the above topics as well as those listed below to SBS units. To schedule a presentation or custom workshop, please contact Beth Stahmer at email@example.com. Available workshops:
- Getting Funded: Myths and Realities for Winning Grants and Fellowships
- Searching on Pivot for Funding Opportunities
- Searching on Foundation Directory Online for Funding Opportunities
- Customized workshops to SBS units