Data Management Links from the University of Arizona Libraries
- Funding Agencies Requirements
- Data Management Elements
- Examples (Various Sponsors)
- DMPtool (Build your Data Management Plan)
A matter of growing concern for researchers is the preservation, continued accessibilty, and general curation of research data.
The University of Arizona research support community is working toward a University-wide strategy for research data management. The links at right will take you to the UA Libraries Data Management Resources area, a collection of tools designed to help UA researchers collect, analyze, and share data in ways that support preservation and meet internal and external requirements.
Below is a partial list of the major funding agencies now requiring data management plans. Information on current policies at the time of this writing is linked after each agency name.
Some of the major funders now requiring data management plans:
- National Science Foundation: Note requirements as of 2013: Click this link to learn more. Also see links to right for Federal Agencies Requirements as well as Examples (Various Sponsors).
- National Institutes of Health: NIH Data Sharing Policy
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: CDC Policy on Releasing and Sharing Data
- Environmental Protection Agency: EPA Guidelines for Ensuring and Maximizing the Quality, Objectivity, Utility, and Integrity of Information Disseminated
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration: NASA Data & Information Policy
- National Endowment for the Humanities: Office of Digital Humanities of NEH
- United States Department of Agriculture: USDA Current Research Information System (CRIS) Data management and forms assistance
- United State Department of Education: Institute of Education Sciences (IES) Data Sharing Policy