The 2013 Marshall Foundation Dissertation Fellowship is intended for graduate students who are in the completion stage of their dissertation and who have exhausted all other non-loan resources.
The award amount includes $10,788.00, provided by the Marshall Foundation (disbursed in one sum in Spring 2013), and a Graduate Tuition Scholarship for up to two consecutive semesters-- Spring 2013 and Fall 2013-- provided by the University of Arizona Graduate College. Mandatory fees and health insurance are not covered.
Eligible candidates must be UA doctoral candidates whose dissertation proposal has been approved by their doctoral committee, who have filed the “Committee Appointment Form” with the Graduate College Degree Certification Office, and who expect to defend their doctoral dissertation by December 2013. The following are additional eligibility criteria:
- U.S. Citizenship and Arizona Legal Residency by the application submission deadline.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or above.
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Enrollment in a minimum of 3 dissertation units (900-level).
- Agreement to make available an electronic copy of their dissertation to the Marshall Foundation for storing in its Library.
The Marshall Foundation Dissertation Fellowship Application Form is found at http://grad.arizona.edu/financial-resources/ua-resources/meritorious-awards
Application Deadline: Friday, November 9, 2012 - Late applications will not be considered